Okay so I have been so bad a updating my blog. I was hoping life would slow down after Christmas. Ya right. Between Casey's back problem and sick kids I am really getting anxious for some warm weather so I can air out my house and maybe get rid of all the germs!!! Anyway, an update on Casey. Well, after his surgery in Dec he still had a considerable amount of leg pain. The Dr. had warned us that he might still have the leg pain because the nerve had been agitated for so long but over time would go away. Well, it stayed the same until January 8th when he got the stomach flu. He threw up just enough to make things a lot worse. We had another follow up appointment that next week. When we saw him they did another MRI only to find out that the throwing up re herniated his disk again. Which meant SURGERY again. The Dr. cleared some time on Friday and redid the same surgery. This time he said he also found a piece of the disk intertwined with the nerve. He said it was like having tinfoil on a filling. Ouch! He was able to remove it and now Casey has no leg pain and is almost back to normal. Yeah!!! Boy am I glad. I hated to see him in so much pain and so miserable. He had gone back to work and I think I am going to miss him being home all the time, he makes some pretty awesome lunches. I guess I am going to have to make my own now. LOL
The girls are doing well, Nati and Payton are enjoying school and dance and keeping their parents busy. Harley is growing up so fast. She is so close to walking. I bet it's not to far off in the future. She has two bottom teeth and they are so cute. She is very busy and into everything.
I am trying to keep up with everyone and everything. This weekend is the Springfest. I set up a booth there and advertise my photography business. It's a lot of fun and I am excited because this year I will actually be able to go. The past two years they have had it the same weekend of the snoride and that takes precedence. So this year I get to do both. Yeah!! Well, I thought I would give a little update but now I need to get back to getting ready for the springfest.
Oh and by the way, I know I said I was going to go private but just when I said I was going to I found out that a lot of other family looks at our blog and I discussed it over with Casey and we decided that it is a great way to keep in touch with family so we would just be careful what we posted so I won't be using full names or anything to that nature so that we can all keep up to date on everyone. Hope that is okay
14 years ago

5 comments:
really glad you didn't go private, Jana. I use Google Reader to keep a list of all the blogs I read. And it won't keep track of ANY of the private blogs, so I never know when they update, unless I think to check them all individually. And thats super hard to remember to do.
Glad to see you got a second to blog. I'm still waiting to see some of your wonderful pictures. Yours always turn out awsome. I'm learning from you slowly. Talk to you soon.
YAY! Jana's family IS alive after all! hahah..
I'm so happy Casey is feeling better. It was sad watching him in so much pain over the holidays.
So your not going private, huh? Well that's nice- I wasn't thrilled about it but I don't know anyone else who really looks at our blog so hopefully we aren't excluding people we aren't aware of.
I know we just saw you like a week ago...but it feels like I haven't seen you in FOREVER! I'm glad Casey is feeling better. Can't wait to see you all again soon!
Tell Casey that I know his pain. I have a herniated disk and they are not fun at all. My doctor is trying to avoid surgery by doing physical therapy but I don't think that it is helping at all. It is likely I will be having surgery in the not too far future to fix my disk as well.
Post a Comment