Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's been a long time.

Okay so where did this last month go. Some much has gone on that when I stop to reflect back I can't believe it. But I still don't have much time so this will just be a short recap. The beginning of the month started out with one sick child who passed it along to the next and to the next. Then Casey finally got in to see a nerve specialist for his back problem. We then found out that he needed surgery the Monday after Thanksgiving. So then came and went Thanksgiving and on to Casey's surgery. They did a laminectomy. They went into the lower back drilled out some bone so they could get to the bulged disk that was pressing on his nerve and causing him so much pain. They cut the buldge off and put him back together. His back is feeling much better, however the nerve will take some time to heal. But with all the pain meds he was on he ended up in the ER with a partially blocked bowel. That wasn't fun. It was pretty scary. But all is well now. But I swear November didn't exsist. Now we are just caught up in the hussle of getting ready for Christmas Which snuck up really fast. I had planned to blog a lot this past month with picture and such but it will have to wait until after the holidays. So MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

5 comments:

Julie said...

OH MY! I am glad he is ok now. Tell him we say to get feeling better soon since it's snowmobile season...actually, nevermind, maybe you shouldn't remind him.

I need to get with you on taking pictures in January!

Jessica Jensen said...

I am glad to hear that he is doing better and that things are slowing down there as far as health problems go. Merry Christmas and good luck getting ready!

Hopes Family said...

Jana,
There is the cutest picture idea and I wanted you to see it. Go to my blog and click on Painter Family. It's their main picute, it is so cute. I think.

Caren Sorenson said...

Dear Jana,
I read your blog all the time, I love it, it keeps me close to your family. Keep up the good work.
Love Aunt Caren
P.S.
Sue said you had all been through the health ringer down there, I am glad to hear you are all improving.

The Christians said...

Casey,
You didn't mention your health to me when we talked. I am glad you are okay. We love you guys.