Thursday, October 23, 2008

Yummy Dinner

We had this for dinner last night. It was really good and very easy to make. It hardly took any time at all. Also its pretty healthy. I used frozen chicken tenders and used about 8. And I used fat free Italian dressing. My family really liked it so I thought I would share. It came from the Kraft website.

Skillet Chicken & Vegetables Parmesan

Prep Time: 5 min Total Time: 18 min Makes: 4 servings

1/4 cup KRAFT Light Zesty Italian Dressing
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
1 tsp. dried basil leaves, divided
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
2 Tbsp. KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese

MIX dressing and garlic in large skillet. Cook on medium heat 1 min. Add chicken; season with 3/4 tsp. of the basil and the pepper. Cook 4 to 5 min. on each side or until chicken is cooked through (165ºF).

ADD vegetables to skillet; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tsp. basil. Cook 2 to 3 min. or until vegetables are heated through, stirring occasionally.

SPRINKLE with the cheese.


Jazz It Up
For a spicier flavor, substitute crushed red pepper flakes for the black pepper.
Shortcut
To quickly thaw the mixed vegetables, put them in a colander and run warm tap water over them.

No comments: